Thursday, January 19, 2017 / by Leah Kordenbrock
Questions to Ask About The Kitchen
- When was the last remodel?
- How old are the appliances?
- Do all of the appliances work?
Questions to Ask About the Living Room
- How old if the flooring?
- If carpet flooring then... What's under the carpet?
- Is what's under the carpet in good shape?
- What are the dimensions of each room? Will your furniture fit?
- Measure the rooms yourself if the dimensions on the listing sheet feel unreliable.
Questions to Ask About the Bathrooms
- Does all the plumbing work? Test it!
- Does the house have good water pressure? Test it!
- Does the water heater work? Test it!
- Are there any leaks? Look and test all facets!
Questions to Ask About the roof
- When was the last new roof added?
- What kind of roof is it?
Questions to Ask About an Add-on
- Is it a legal addition? Has it passed all building inspections?
Questions to Ask About the Yard
- Where does the property line begin?
- Where does the property line end?
- How much land comes with the home?
- Will the things in the yard be staying? ie. Shed, play equipment, etc.
- What are the homeowners' association rules on fencing, pools, etc., if anything?
Questions to Ask About the House in General
- Are any of the systems in the home covered by home warranty? ie. appliances, electrical, heating, air-conditioning plumbing, water heaters, etc.
- What are the utility costs? Can I see some past bills?
- Have the systems in the house been serviced regularly? Can I see the records?